Thursday, January 27, 2011

The moment of truth for my photography!!

Well, the opportunity has arrived. I have been invited to an open day for brides at a local lodge, as a preferred supplier. This is the moment to represent my work, and get the exposure that I need to take off.(I have to be positive :))
So now for the preparation, sample photos has been taken and must be printed. Discount vouchers from industry related businesses need to be collected. Business cards and pamphlets need to be prepared. Gift packs should be made up and decorated. I have 2 and a half days left, but the adrenaline and excitement keeps me moving forward. My day job is a total distraction, but I will make it!!

My nerves are shattered, I can barely contain the concern that I am not going to be prepared enough. Will they like what they see? Will they want to make use of my services? Once I am established I can quit the job that takes me away from my family sometimes 9-10 hours a day, 7 days a week. I can be there for the kid's athletic events, their hardships with homework, and I can be there for them the way I want to be.

So here we go.....it is time to make my mark and move up in the world. Thank you for the blessings and the opportunity..... I will make the best of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment