Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sunsets and New Year

As I sat outside yesterday afternoon, soaking in the beautiful sunset that signalled the end of another hectic but satisfying day, I reflected on the year gone by and the new beginnings brought by the upcoming year.

As every other person, I know that there was opportunities missed, goals unreached and adventures overlooked and many tears shed during a year of hard work, financial worries, and time management problems.
I also look at the great things that came about this year. Every proud moment with my children, my personal emotional barriers that I overcame, and the best friends lost and gained. Again, I hope for a better year next year, and this time I had to stop myself from making new year's resolutions.
We cannot plan for the ups and downs that the new year might bring. Natural disasters, crime, financial markets slumping, diseases and all the other potential upsets that might destroy all our neatly laid out plans for next year.
My plan is not to plan next year, I will take every day as it comes, treating as it should be treated: as a day full of potential.

Perhaps then I will look back at the end of the year and not see the disappointments at all, but only see the accomplishments and joy that I experienced on a daily basis.

So to the whole world I say: Merry Xmas, and Happy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment