Monday, March 19, 2012

Lighting Exercise

I had to do a lighting exercise recently, and there is nothing as fantastic as going back to the basics.
I specifically had to use a natural window light as a light source and wanted to capture the texture created by the light shining through the petals of the flower.

I could have used a reflector to direct more light onto the center of the flower to light up the central details, and I could have also upped the exposure a bit but, my intention was to attract to the finer details that you do not see with direct lighting.

I love the final result and cannot wait to frame it and hang it in my home.
Perhaps I will try some of the methods above to get a variety of different images. I had a lot of fun "playing" though, adn ended up with many images that I can work with. It reminded to keep it simple in stead of overthinking the technical aspects of photography. And I discovered how I can help myself to see the light and shadows at everything I look at, thereby enhancing the images that I want to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment